Liepaja has historically evolved as active economic and industrial development center. Traditionally, city has strong manufacturing background, which has a historically established foundation – developed infrastructure, long lasting experience and knowledge, availability of skilled labour and succession.
Production areas are close to the port of Liepaja, therefore there is a chance to lower logistics costs, providing convenient export of products to both European Union countries and CIS countries. Enterprises appreciate available tax breaks at the Liepaja Special Economic Zone.
Manufacturing enterprises in the territory of Liepaja SEZ
- LSEZ "Caljan" Ltd. - conveyor production of equipments for loading, unloading and transportation of cargo. www.caljan.com
- LSEZ “Roechling Industrial Liepaja” Ltd. – production of plastic parts. www.roechling.com
- LSEZ "Jensen Metal" Ltd. – metal processing. www.jensenmetal.lv
- LSEZ "LAUMA FABRICS" Ltd. – textile production. www.laumafabrics.com
- LSEZ "Lesjofors Gas Springs" Ltd. – manufacturing of gas springs. www.lesjoforsab.com
- LSEZ "Lesjofors Springs LV" Ltd. - compression, stretch and torsion springs. www.lesjofors.lv
- LSEZ "NordePlast" Ltd. – manufacturing of medical plasters www.nordeplast.com
- LSEZ "RT Metāls" Ltd. – manufacture of metal structures. www.rtmetals.lv
- LSEZ "Scan-Plast Latvia" Ltd. - manufacture of composite products and building structures. www.scan-plast.com
- LSEZ "Trelleborg Wheel Systems Liepaja" Ltd. - wheels for agricultural machinery. www.trelleborg.com